CRB Tech Reviews brings you a variation to the conventional taste…A change to your taste buds!
For The Chocoholics! An Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Prep: 30 mins – 40 mins
Cook: 1 hr – 1 hr, 30 mins
Indulge yourself with this moist and fudgy chocolate cake recipe
Perfect for all celebrations & any occasions!
- 200g dark chocolate, approximately 60% cocoa solids
- 200g butter
- 1 tbsp coffee granules
- 85g cake flour
- 85g plain flour
- ¼ tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 200g light sugar
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 75ml buttermilk or 5 tbsp
- grated chocolate or curls for decoration
For the ganache
Let’s do the baking:
- Butter a 20cm round cake tin and line the base. Preheat the oven to fan 140C/conventional 160C/ gas 3. Break 200g dark chocolate in pieces into a medium, heavy-based pan. Cut 200g butter into pieces and tip in with chocolate, then mix 1 tbsp coffee granules into 125ml cold water and pour into the pan. Warm thoroughly over a low heat just until everything is melted ; but don’t overheat. Or melt in the microwave for about 5 minutes on medium, stirring half way through.
- Let the chocolate melt, mix 85g flour, 85g plain flour, ¼ bicarbonate of soda, 200g light sugar, 200g golden caster sugar and 25g cocoa powder in a big bowl, mix with your hands to get rid of lumps if any. Beat 3 medium eggs in a bowl and stir in 75ml (5 tbsp) buttermilk.
- Now add all the mixtures, stir for proper blending and you have a smooth and runny consistency. Pour this into the tin and bake for 1 hour 25- 1 hour 30 minutes – if you push a toothpick in the center it should come out clean and the top should feel firm . Leave to cool in the tin , then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cake is cold, cut it horizontally into three. Now make the ganache: chop 200g dark chocolate into small pieces and tip into a bowl. Pour a 284ml carton of double cream into a pan, add 2 tbsp golden caster sugar, and heat until it is about to boil. Take off the heat and pour it over the chocolate.
- Sandwich the layers with just a little of the ganache. Pour the rest over the cake allowing it fall down the sides and smoothing to cover with a palette knife. Decorate with grated chocolates or a pile of chocolate curls.
So when you try this recipe; let us know your experience in the below comments.
Stay tuned to CRB Tech Solutions for more tasty recipes and coking and baking tips.
CRB Tech WordPress