Hello n welcome to the Recipe Junction of CRB Tech Reviews. So how was the weekend? Mine was indeed pleasant, tried some new recipes n experimented with a few old ones.
How’s your choice about a classic Chinese chow mein? That’s one of my fav indeed. One of the most elusive recipes with some secret recipe that all Chinese restaurants know and no matter how best we try at home, it is never the same.
You might be wondering that we perform the same rituals like boiling the noodles; frying them and other vegetables…tossing as high as we can yet! Yes yet we can’t make or bring the restaurant like taste.
- 2 tsps canola oil
- ¼ cabbage sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tsps sweet soy sauce
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 4 tsps oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles, cooked a minute
- 6 ounces bean sprouts (if you wish)
- sesame seeds for garnishing (again by choice)
- Heat a big pan or wok on high heat.
- Add two tsps of canola oil to the pan and slightly fry the cabbage.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until for soft chew, add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add all the sauce varieties: the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce and water and bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Add in the pasta and bean sprouts and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately
To make homemade Kecap Manis, add 1½ tsps of soy sauce and 1½ tsps of molasses or dark brown sugar with a tiny pinch of grinded anise. This is a decent substitute, but if you can get the original the flavor will be even deeper.
If you can’t find chow mein noodles you can substitute yakisoba noodles and just toss the packet and use the noodles only.
So hope you would like the homemade recipe. Let us know your experience after giving a try. Why not you share your experimented results with us in the below comment section.
I have always a fan of Chinese recipes, during my childhood days once I entered a restaurant I used to look after the Chinese cuisines. Well with time my taste has varied yet, I Chinese dishes have their special place in my choice list.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more amazing recipes.
CRB Tech WordPress