After a long time I’m writing for on a Desi variety but one of the most favourite one I’m sure. Yes! At the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews I write on Paneer tawa masala. A recipe that can go very well with most type of Indian bread say it be rotis, phulkas and naans.
Paneer tawa masala is said to originate in Punjab and quite obvious is a very rich side dish made with soft and succulent paneer cubes, after being marinated in spices. The addition of milk and cream are used to enrich the gravy makes it apt for parties and special occasions.
Moreover the marinated, grilled paneer cubes are such a delight to relish at and the kids would love them as finger food.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time:1 hour 45 mins
Recipe type: side dish
Serves: 4 servings
- Paneer cubed – 200 g
- Onion :1( big)
- Tomato : 4 to 5
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2sps Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tsp Ajwain
- Shahjeera : 2 pinch
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- Milk – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Cooking oil
First grill the Paneer:
- In a bowl, take chaat masala powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, a pinch of salt and crushed kasuri methi.(all as per taste or you want, neither too much nor too less)
- To this add the paneer cubes and 1tsp oil.
- Mix them well such that the paneer cubes are coated well with the spices.
- Cover and allow resting for an hour.
- After an hour or two, spread the marinated paneer cubes on a greased aluminium paper and grill in the oven till done for about 4-5 minutes.
- You can also shallow fry the cubes on a griddle.
- Whatever way you take, keep them aside.
Instructions for the gravy:
- Heat a pan and add oil and butter.
- Add ajwain, shahjeera , after they crackle add finely chopped onions and sauté till light soft and transparent. Also add the ginger garlic paste and sauté.
- Keep stirring to prevent getting burnt.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, chopped green chilies and stir well.
- Continue with stirring till it becomes dry absorbing all the oil.
- Finally add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Cook till do away with the raw smell and the oil separates and starts to float on top.
- Add water, milk (optional), cream, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and boil. Sim and cook for 2 minutes. Finally add the grilled paneer cubes and mix well.
Tawa paneer is ready. Garnish with kasuri methi and serve it hot with any Indian bread variety.
Liked our recipe? Express in the comment section below.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come up.
CRB Tech WordPress