Hello and welcome! How was your weekend? Any Monday morning blues? Well with a working Saturday I don’t feel the blues, it’s always green for me. Today in the recipe junction at CRB Tech Reviews we start with chocolate treat.
A dream cake which I often think of making, yet this is the kind of cake that I often dream about making, but could never try my hands at it. Don’t know why as the recipe is very easy to try and awesome to relish on. A simple mix makes all three of those fluffy, chocolaty cake layers. And the super creamy Nutella Cream Cheese frosting… Slurp! Going at the much thought.
Can you think of the reasons why this cake needs to be on your “must make” recipe list?
Look at the tempting resaons:
- It’s as simple and quick
- It’s preferable to make it the earlier day, leaving you lots of time on the day of serving
- A perfect size for two to share and then have left over for breakfast again.
- A prefect dessert to relish after the Champagne and Lobster feast
Here goes the recipe…..
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 225 g butter (melted)
- 35 g coco powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 ml water
- 250 g plain maida
- 350 g sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 125 g yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven till 160c. Line three 6 inch cake tins with butter and line the bottoms with baking paper.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, water and coco powder together.
- In a mixing bowl place the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Now add mixture you made in 2nd point into the flour mix.
- Add the eggs and blend.
- Mix the yogurt and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- Divide the cake batter into the placed cake tins and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cakes are done.
- To finally make the cake, place one layer on a cake plate and add the frosting.
- Smooth it out to the sides covering the whole top.
Repeat the same with all the cake layers until the three layers are frosted. And then top the entire cake with chopped nuts and some chocolate chips if desired.
You like it? Let us know in the comments.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress