Butter Sage Roasted Chicken
The very purpose of CRB Tech Reviews is that making your meal interesting! Hence every day we come up with recipes and try to maintain versatility. Today we write about a chicken recipe with only 5 ingredients.
In this recipe you need to use individual chicken pieces instead of a whole chicken and cooked at a lower temperature for a juicy and tender taste. You can try this recipe anytime but would be best and an easy weeknight recipe.I personally love trying yummy recipes but my special preference are the easy to cook ones.
I usually use a compound butter to smother the skin and flesh prior to roasting, but I’ll change my preferences or additions depending on the season. Now as winter is coming, I am writing this one with chopped sage, which also happens to be my favourite herb in this season of the year.
So let’s take a look at the making of this easy 5 ingredients classic roasted chicken with crispy potatoes:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins
For the chicken
- 6 boned, skin-on chicken breasts
- 4 tsps softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp + 2 tsp sage (Total =3 tsp)
- 1½ pounds of potatoes cut into a ¼-inch
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and 1 tsp sage. Use your fingers to run half of butter under skin of the the chicken breasts and thighs. Layer the other half of butter on the surface of all chicken pieces.
- In a big bowl, toss remaining sage with potatoes, oil and a less amount of salt. Toss until they mix well.
- Spread potatoes on a large pan. Layer the chicken pieces on top. Season chicken with salt but in liberal quantity.
- Place the pan in the oven for about 25 minutes. Raise the heat up to 450 degrees. Allow it to roast until the skin changes its colour to golden brown and becomes crispy, might be for another 15 minutes.
- If potatoes aren’t yet crispy, remove chicken layer from the pan and give the potatoes a toss and then place the potatoes back in the oven. Roast until they become crisp.
Hence we conclude!
I am sure you would gonna try it and confident that you would love this one. Let us know your experience in the comment section below.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress