Good morning all! Hello and welcome for a new day another new weekend. Today at CRB Tech Reviews I write about another yummy recipe and which will be liked by you all.
This is an ultimate comfort food. Thick, rich, tempting, creamy potato soup can be ready in less than an hour, and relish them any night you wish to. A very easy recipe to warm yourself from the inside even in the most chilling winter night.
I am not that soup lover but lately I started trying a few and this I found really tempting. Now I feel that if I want to have a comfort food, I love to make potato soup, and I relish in this creamy one. This recipe is for those who likes bacon and cheese.
The taste is awesome, potato gives the necessary density, and I must say that the secret ingredient, that raises the taste and quality, is the bacon. It smells great and intensifies the soup.
Let’s proceed with the making!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tsps butter or bacon grease
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup maida
- 1/8 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups warm milk
- Small potatoes, peeled and cut into few inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Place a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add bacon pieces to it and cook bacon until properly cooked
- Remove the bacon and keep it aside.
- Pour off most of the butter or grease, but do not clean the pot.
- To this add thyme and onion allow it to fry till the onion becomes soft
- Sprinkle maida on top of the onion, and stir to combine.
- Stir for another minute to cook the flour, and keep stirring at intervals.
- Add chicken broth and stir, then add potatoes, milk and cooked bacon and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat; keep it at sim until potatoes become tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally otherwise the bottom will get burnt.
- When the potatoes are done, stir in the cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Finally season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it warm and garnish with desired toppings like crisp bacon pieces, cheddar cheese or green onion.
So try out this yummy creamy soup and let us know how you liked it?
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress