Today at CRB Tech Reviews we write and dedicate this blog to those who love chocolate and can eat them in whatever form and whichever consistency.
Do you love eating the raw cookie dough? Well I’m a big coward and never dare to touch the stuff, but these eggless bars have a little bit of an illicit tempting for me.
The best way to keep the bars fresh is store them in fridge and eat when chilled. In texture on chilling, it will be like a fudge but will soften at room temperature.
Yield: makes 16 bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup packed sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- About 2 cups of mini chocolate chips
- Whisk the butter, sugar and salt together until it becomes pale and fluffy. Beat it good to make it light and creamy. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix the condensed milk and the flour.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper with long ends. You can give a miss to the paper if you wish to cut and serve them right out of the pan.
- Pour the dough into the pan and layer evenly with a spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, for about 5 hours and overnight is preferable.
- To do with the chocolate topping, put the semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or cup and microwave for a minute. Don’t over heat.
- Allow the chocolate cool for 5 minutes, and then pour onto the dough. Spread it evenly. Keep it inside the fridge, until the topping is firm. Finally cut into 16 squares.
- Place the bars in the fridge till they are ready to eat.
*NOTE: As per the FDA warnings it is harmful to eat raw flour as it could make you ill, hence it is highly recommended against eating raw cookie dough or any other product made with uncooked flour.
With these words of caution I conclude.
Try this recipe and let us know your experience in the comment section below.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress