Today in the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews I shall introduce chicken recipe in Kerala style.
Sometime I like the dry dishes and hope many of you. I often make this variety of chicken when I have the cravings.
I love both chicken and mutton and have grown up like an omnivorous, but mostly on non veg dishes. As mutton is not good to be eaten often , after fish I am left with the only choice is chicken. But my hubby doesn’t like chicken. He is more fan of red meat. It becomes really difficult at times to make a very small quantity of chicken recipe and then this dry recipe comes as rescue.
- 500 g Chicken , cut into medium size pieces
- 2 big Onions
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 10 Curry leaves
- 1/3 cup Chicken stock/Warm Water
- 1 Tomato
- Oil Salt
- Chilli powder , Kashmiri chilli powder ,Turmeric powder , Ginger garlic paste, Lemon juice (Each 1 tsp only ginger garlic paste 2tsp)
N.B.1Cup= 250 ml
- Marinate the chicken pieces using all the ingredients. Add little water to give it paste form
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and roast the marinated chicken until it turns golden brown in colour. Remove it from the pan.
- Then add little oil and add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- When onion turns golden brown in colour, add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and stir for a minute or two.
- Add turmeric, kashmiri chilli, pepper, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, salt and stir for a minute.
- Add roasted chicken and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm water or chicken stock and cook while putting on the cover for 5-6 min.
- Add sliced tomato and cook for another 5 min.
Serving suggestion: Serve hot with pulao, rice etc.
- Non-stick pan is preferable for cooking as it reduces oil consumption
So hope you try it out and let us know how you liked it. If you like to share with us any suggestions then write to us in the comment section below.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress