Today at the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews we shall write about a most popular Indian street food recipe.
Yesss! The Bombay sandwich which is considered a gem among Indian street food recipes and a breakfast that would start your day with full and very easy to prepare.
This is one of my most favourite breakfast options and I have this regularly thrice in a week before I start my work at job. There are two versions: grilled cheese sandwich and grilled sandwich without cheese, I love the cheesy one but mostly have the plain one owing to calorie factor.
Here follow the making:
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 12 slices of white bread
- 1 potato, boiled and smashed.
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin and round
- 1 medium onion, sliced round
- ½ capsicum (optional), sliced round
- chaat masala powder
- pepper powder
- Salted butter
For green chutney
- 1 small bunch of cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch of mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For green chutney:
- Make a thick paste by grinding all the ingredients expect lemon juice. The chutney should have a consistency such that it can be easily spread over the bread slice. Finally add the lemon juice to the chutney and mix well. Keep it aside or you can refrigerate.
The making of the Bombay grilled sandwich:
- Spoon butter over a slice of bread. Now add 1-2 tsps of green chutney and spread.
- Put the smashed potatoes, onion, cucumber, tomato and capsicum. Sprinkle chaat masala powder and pepper powder.
- With another bread slice sandwich the stuffing. Gently spread some butter over it. Repeat the same with all the bread slices to get 6 sandwiches.
- Toast the sandwich in a stove grill or electric grill or grill plate in a sandwich maker and allow the bread to take the colour mild golden brown. Serve the sandwich hot with mint chutney/sauce.
1.Thin sliced beets can be added along with other veggies.
2. You can grill the breads for longer time if you want crispy sandwich.
4. Don’t forget sprinkling chaat powder and pepper powder over the veggies because they add a zing
I conclude for now. Stay connected to this space of CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress