Hello! And welcome after the weekend. Let’s give a chocolate treat to all of you and help you do away with Monday blues. So today I write about cookies made of chocolate in the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews.
These chocolate cookies are very soft. The addition of ganache and buttery toffee Bits adds the right amount of texture and richness.
So here goes the recipe
Yield: ~30 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
For the Cookies
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsps pure vanilla extract
2 cups maida
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
For the Ganache
1 tsp light corn syrup
3 ounces cream
6 ounces chopped pieces of dark chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup toffee Bits
1. In a bow mix cream, butter and sugar until they becomes light and fluffy.
2. Then add in the eggs, beat them well. Add in vanilla and whisk to combine.
3. In another bowl, combine the maida, cocoa, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined. Next add all dry ingredients to sugar and butter and mix on low.
4. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 3 hours.
5. Next preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or unless the edges are firm. Remove them to cool completely.
Instructions for Ganache
1. Place a small saucepan over low-medium heat; combine corn syrup with heavy cream. Allow it to sim and add the chocolate. Stir to smooth it. Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract. The ganache is reday; allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before topping the cookies
How to top the Cookies
1. Place 1 tsp full of ganache on a cookie spread it around to create an even layer. Then sprinkle the cookie with toffee bits
– You might have a little ganache recipe left over depending on how much you choose to top your cookies with.
– These toffee cookies are best served the day you prepare them. Store the cookies in a single layer within an airtight container.
The recipe not only sounds yummy indeed it is. My all time favourite and I’m sure you would love them.
For now stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress