Another chocolate recipe for the week!Today in the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews I write about a yummy deserts.
Winters find the kids stuck indoors and all chaotic and rampant toddlers just turn the home topsy- turvy. Wish the spring is very close.
Every day is a challenge and need to busy our days with little projects, household chores, exaggerate dinners and embracing the lazy winter. I need to spend a total of four hours organizing the toy room since the other day, which is followed by two hours of again allowing me to let the kids play and create a mess again. A few good novels, big mugs of hot tea, and little baked treats keep me pass the winter with temptation.
Scotcharoo’s have so much nostalgia associated with me. A simple dessert to make, simple ingredients, a simple method. If you have a microwave it’s even more easy for you.
Here goes the recipe!
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips(semi sweet)
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Apply butter over a large bowl, and take out 6 cups of Chex cereal. Keep them aside. Apply butter within a 9×13 dish, or line a baking sheet with wax paper if you would like freeform scotcharoo’s.
- In a small saucepan, mix the corn syrup and sugar over low to medium heat. Once it starts boiling, remove it immediately from heat and stir in 1½ cups of peanut butter. Pour over the cereal and fold together. Pour cereal into the 9×13 dish, or use a large cookie scoop to drop cereal onto wax paper, and press them together with your hands and form them.
- Now using a microwave safe dish or double boiler and melt together butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, ½ cup of peanut butter and vanilla. If you use microwave, then heat in 10 second intervals, stir in between to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once it gains a smooth consistency, pour over the cereal, or scoop onto the piles you have made.
- Let them cool completely at room temperature.
This is one of my favourite dessert recipes and I’m sure you will also love making it and then relish.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.