A cobbler is the easiest way to make something similar to a pie—that tenderly melts and has juicy fruit covered within crusty topping. So today CRB Tech Reviews write about another yummy dessert recipe for you.
Do you remember Frankenstein’s work that was to literally cobble pieces and body parts to create a whole person? Similarly, a fruit cobbler comprises of assembling fruit together with some sort of batter or dough.
Let’s proceed with this recipe which has fresh cranberries enclosed in a sweet cake-like batter with a thin crust of sugar on top.
One of my favourite desserts it is. Even my kids love them and are always the first to get them served. I happened to taste this awesome dessert in a family get together at my aunt’s home when we all arrived at their place for the Christmas. And I must say the very next weekend I tried it out at home. Obviously it was not that good , but practice made it perfect.
- 1 1/4 cups cranberries
- 3/4 cup + 2 tsps granulated sugar
- 1 cup maida
- 1 1/4 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Little bit of brandy (optional)
- 6 tsps melted, unsalted butter
The instructions for the recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a deep-dish pie plate.
- Combine cranberries with 2 tsps of sugar in a mixing bowl; toss and keep at side for now.
- Whisk the remaining sugar, maida, baking powder and salt in a bigger bowl. Put the mixture to one side of the bowl, and add egg, milk, vanilla and brandy (optional). Whisk the liquids and combine them well, then mix into with the dry mixture. Add the melted butter and again whisk unless you have a smooth and glossy batter.
- Finally pour the batter into a prepared pan, scatter over with the cranberries and sugar over the top of the batter.
- Place the pan into the oven and allow it to bake until the colour turns golden and the centre is completely done. How will you know that? If the centre springs back when touched lightly, take it as done. You will need ~45 minutes for the entire baking process.
- Allow it to cool for half an hour before you serve.
So in your next family get together give a try to this amazing dessert recipe and see how everyone praises your effort and choice.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.