It has been long we share some chicken recipe. So today at the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews I write about a chicken recipe in creamy gravy.
This royal dish can be looked forward to relish on a weekend during cosy family lunch. I love to experiment and prepare new dishes on weekends; Murgh Shahjahani is also one of those many dishes which I had specially ideated for the weekends.
It’s awesome to imagine, the juicy chicken pieces in a rich and creamy gravy made with dry fruits, onion and spices turned to be absolutely finger-licking. My kids love eating them with jeera rice sometimes but often we eat this dish with chapatti or phulka.
Recipe type: Non Vegetarian Main Course
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 3-4
Black Cardamom – 2
Green cardamom – 2
Onion – 1 and ½ cup ( Chopped )
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Poppy seeds – 2 tsp
Musk melon seeds – 2 tsp
Cashew nuts – 10-12
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chili powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Chicken – 1 kg
Yogurt – 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
Kewra essence – 4-5 drops
Method to proceed
- You need to soak,musk melon seeds poppy seeds and cashew nuts in water for about 30 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of the above.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan.
- Add cloves, black cardamom and green cardamom and let them sputter.
- Add onion and fry well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Allow the fried mixture to cool and then grind into paste.
- Put the paste in the cooking utensil along with the seeds and nuts paste that was grinded initially.
- Add little water as required.
- Cook for a few minute.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally add the chicken and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt along with ½ cup of water and cover and cook the chicken for half an hour.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Add fresh cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- You can add kewra essence and then mix well.
- Fresh coriander to garnish.
- Arrange the boiled eggs as topping.
- You can serve with Naan or Laccha Paratha.
So this weekend give a try to this royal endeavour.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.