Pesarattu recipe or in other words Andhra special moong dal dosa recipe is the recipe for the day for todays blog in CRB Tech Reviews.
A popular tiffin of Andhra, thin and crispy variety of dosa made with whole green gram and lesser amount of rice. An instant dosa recipe, and needs no fermentation due to the absence of urad dal, you can make dosa immediately after making the batter.
This dosa variety is typically made for breakfast but you can also serve this as tiffin or pack in child’s lunch. Moong dal dosa can be served with some upma, Pesarattu upma is a another very famous combination.
To make this recipe, you have to soak green gram and rice for about 6 hours, or generally soak them overnight. Few ingredients like green chilli, ginger and cumin are added to the batter while grinding. The batter must be smooth and free flowing. Pesarattu is one of the easiest dosas to prepare, and the best thing is that it never sticks to the tava and you can make thin and crispy dosas.
Here is the recipe for the making of pesarattu recipe or no fermentation healthy moong dal dosa recipe.
Prep time: 8 hours
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 8 hours 20 mins
Recipe type: main
- 1 cup green garm
- 2 tsps raw rice
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1″ inch ginger,grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Oil as required
- Salt as your taste
The making instructions
- You need to soak whole green gram and rice together for 8 hours. Drain and put in a mixer jar and make a smooth paste.
- To the paste, add cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger. Add salt as per taste and grind them to a smooth batter. The batter must be thinner than usal dosa better.
- Heat a griddle/tawa and pour a ladle full of batter. Spread well into a thin circle with the ladle.Add oil at the edges and little in the center. Add finely chopped onions over the batter. Press well.
- Flip and cook until done and the edges turn crispy. Serve moong dal dosa hot with any side dish.(Upma is most desirable)
1. Dosa quantity depends on the size of your tava.
2. You can avoid the cumin seeds if you don’t like that flavor.
3.If the batter becomes very thin, mix 1-2 tsps rice flour and make the dosas.
Do gice a try to this easy variety of dosa and let us know in the below comment section,
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.
CRB Tech WordPress