Today I share a vegan recipe at CRB Tech Reviews. A very simple but classic potato salad that features creamy avocado and not mayonnaise, making it loaded with heart-healthy fats and is easily digestible.
This variation has the flavour of traditional potato salad, but lower sodium content owing to the addition of diced fresh cucumbers, instead of jarred pickles.
The salad won’t look like the original, owing to it’s slightly green tint, but just taste it once to comment anything at the earliest.
For More>> Irish Potato Bites
The Recipe is here for you
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
12 small gold potatoes
1 ripe avocado
2 tsps mustard
2 tsps diced red onion
2 tsps chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt & black pepper (for taste)
- Scrub the potatoes and then chop into small cubes. Boil the potatoes over high heat, until the potato chunks are fork-tender.
- While the potatoes are being cooked, mix avocado, mustard, red onion, dill, cucumber, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl and mash well with a fork.
- For a more different potato salad, you can try giving a touch of maple syrup for sweetness.
- Let the steamed potatoes to cool for at least 20 minutes and then slowly add the cooked cold potatoes to the creamy avocado sauce, mixing gently to coat them well. Depending on the amount or quantity of your salad, you might or might not want to use all of the potatoes. It just based on the proportion of sauce-to-potatoes that you would like. Add the potatoes slowly such that you can evaluate the creaminess as you go mixing the potatoes with the sauce.
- Take time to marinate in the fridge for at least s few hours, so that the potato salad can cool down completely and the flavours can blend. Serve the chilled dish and you have the choice to store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Notes for help:
- This dish can be easily modified to suit your personal taste, so you can experiment with it and get creative. You can use yellow mustard if you prefer it over Dijon, and use any other herbs or seasonings of your choice or taste buds.
- Even you can select potatoes from a big range of their variations: gold potatoes, red potatoes or even sweet potatoes can be used in this salad recipe, again depending on your preference. Keep in mind that the sweet variety will change the flavour.
So try this and let us know if you experimented with the recipe.
And stay connected with this space of CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.