There are multiple of ways to stay active even during the falls and winter….There are many ways to stay in shape and have fun. Today at CRB Tech Reviews we shall discuss how to keep up with fun and be active even the weather makes you feel lazy.
- Take your walks in a mall with a friend or in group. Local schools and clubs might have indoor gyms where you can walk. You might want to use a phone app to count your keep a track of your steps. This will help and motivate you to walk more.
- Get some stretch bands or weights to use at home for resistance exercise. You can be fit while you watch any of your favourite show or while listening to music. Use bottle of water if you don’t want to buy weights.
- Use an online aerobics or any exercise video or a Smartphone app. This could be a fun way to stay in shape at home.
- Take the stairs and fit in walk breaks whenever you can. This will give you extra activity, even in a busy schedule.
- Perform active housework like sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, laundry, or washing the windows. You can stay active while you keep your home beautiful and clean.
- Join a gym or health club and also try a fitness class or a new indoor activity, like dancing or aerobics.
- Get involved in sports in your community or at work.
- Collect leaves or do any other garden work.
- Gear up, and take the dog for a walk. This will help you make walks part of your daily routine.
- Shovel snow as this is a great winter exercise. But remember, overdoing can put critical strain on your body.
- Learn a new winter activity like snowshoeing, skating, or cross-country. But always the right gear for the situations.
Dress for cold weather
If you are planning active outdoors, wear clothes that fit well and keep you warm and dry. It’s best to wear:
- A warm hat or a head scarf.
- Layer of clothes to keep you warm. Prefer waterproof outer layers to keep you dry.
- Clothe made of wool or polypropylene. Avoid cotton.
- Wool socks and waterproof shoes.
- Wear mittens and not gloves.
Consult with your physician before you start a new activity if:
- You have cardiac problems or any other health issues.
- You have been leading a sedentary life for a long time.
If you have either chest pain or feel dizzy during any physical activity, stop and consult your doctor. If you have asthma or COPD, discus with your doctor before getting active in cold weather.
We conclude the discussion now.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more on health and fitness.