Today at CRB Tech Reviews I shall share with you a low carb yummy recipe.
You might be wondering how a low carb diet could have yummy dishes! Well one can make yummy dishes while using low carb ingredients, only you need to know which ingredients to take and how to mix them and make a mouth watering delicacy.
I wanted to make some sugar free cookies of unsweetened coconut flakes. To mention, the carb count in coconut is very low and since this recipe has no flour/maida, each cookie has less than 1 gram carb.
For More>> Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce
Another mention is that these cookies are also gluten-free. The cookies won’t be sweet so you might want to add more artificial sweeteners or use Splenda if you have a sweet tooth like my daughter.
Yes, when I prefer to maintain the carbs below 1, my sweet toothed princess wants them sweeter. So I prepare in two batches, the lesser sweetened one for myself and the sweet version for my three years old toddler.
Let’s proceed to the making of this low carb recipe.
Makes about 36 cookies
INGREDIENTS for the recipe
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol or Swerve
- 1/4 tsp powder of stevia extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract that is sugar free
- 1 big egg or 2 small eggs
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut (shredded)
- chocolate chips (sugar free), optional
Method TO Make the cookies
- You have to begin with pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees. Then slightly spray baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
- Mix water, erythritol, stevia, salt, and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl, then pour the mix into a saucepan and bring it to boil over a medium-high heat. Stir continuously such that the mix doesn’t get burnt and avoid being over sticky. When you get the required consistency of a syrup then remove from heat.
- Mix the egg and coconut flakes in a food blender. Add the syrup and make dough. Next using a cookie scoop, place the mounds about an inch apart on the pre-treated baking sheet.
- You have to bake for 10 minutes and then rotate the baking pan in oven. Bake for an extra 4 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wired rack. You can drizzle with melted chocolate, if you wish to.
Try this low carb recipe and let us know your experience with it. And keep eyes into this space of CRB Tech Solutions for more variety of recipes to come.