Today at CRB Tech Reviews I share with you a yummy parmesan basil tomato soup that actually cooks itself! Only you need to add the ingredients into a cooker and watch how the aroma of tomatoes and other herbs waft through your household!
A perfect morning delicacy.
If it’s the chilly winter then this soup wanna be your dinner delight.
A cooker tomato soup is exactly what my lunches or dinners ask for. A little grilled cheese on the side and that’s done! The yummy creamed parmesan and basil tomato soup is totally worth it. Every bite gives you a great feeling.
For More>> Best Mushroom Soup
This recipe is all about using sun-dried tomatoes to help boost up that tomato flavour and when the soup is done, use an immersion blender to blend the soup of your desired consistency. But before I blend it, I add in a whole handful of fresh basil leaves.
So allow the cooker make your tomato soup for dinner tonight and let us know your experience. Do remember to use the grilled cheese sandwich. This soup is made for it.
Parmesan Basil Tomato Soup
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 6 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 6 hours 15 mins
Simply add the ingredients into the cooker and watch the delicious aroma of tomatoes and herbs waft through your house!
- 2 tsps butter
- 1 cup onions(chopped)
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- ¼ cup roasted garlic cloves and sun-dried tomatoes(each measured)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups of broth (veg or chicken)
- 1 parmesan rind
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tsps basil pesto
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 cups half and half
- parmesan cheese + grilled cheese sandwich for serving
- Heat butter in a huge skillet over less heat. Add the onions and cook until they turn translucent, for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stir them for even cooking.
- Transfer the cooked veggies into a 6 quart cooker or larger. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, roasted garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, sugar, dried basil, Italian seasoning, broth, parmesan rind, bay leaf, basil pesto, and balsamic vinegar. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 hours for the best flavour or 4 on high for a quicker meal.
- Remove the bay leaf and parmesan rind. Add basil leaves to the cooker, mix to combine and using an immersion blender, blend the soup smooth or to your desired consistency. If you don’t have a stick blender, pour the soup in batches into a blender and blend. Mix in 1 cup of half and half and taste. If you want add more half and half as preference.
- Top the bowls with parmesan cheese and serve with grilled cheese.
And stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.