With all the cold and the chilly weather I thought of sharing a soup recipe with you all at CRB Tech Reviews. It’s a perfect recipe for the season.
I am also in full on soup mode and my latest try is this creamy mushroom and spinach soup with cheese tortellini. Mushrooms and spinach are an awesome combi that I love using in various dishes so I eventually used them in a soup like this one and the result is amazing. No matter how you make the cut, this creamy soup with cheese tortellini is one yummy and tasty bowl of soup that is perfect for these chilly winter days!
Here goes the recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
A hearty and yummy bowl of creamy mushroom and spinach soup with tortellini is a comfort food; perfect for cold winter days!
- 2 tsps oil or butter
- A packet of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup rice flour (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Cheese tortellini
- 1/2 grated cup parmesan
- Baby spinach(coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat, add mushrooms and onion and cook until mushrooms released their liquids and the liquid evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in garlic, thyme and flour and cook, mix properly, until the flour starts to turn a light golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add broth and tortellini, boil them, lower the heat and sim until tortellini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add parmesan, allow it to melt, add chopped spinach, allow it to wilt, add cream, salt and pepper for taste and remove from heat.
Notes: Some options that you can try:
Option 1: Add some dried mushrooms for more flavour.
Option 2: Cook the mushrooms for long, till they caramelize, for more flavour.
Option 3: Roast the mushrooms instead of cooking for more flavour.
Option 4: You can use frozen spinach instead of fresh.
Option 5: You can use a spinach tortellini instead of cheese tortellini.
Option 6: Add 1 tsp white miso paste by combining some of the hot broth into the miso in a bowl and then mix it into the soup immediately after removing the soup from heat. (Remember, Miso is salty so go keep it in mind while seasoning with salt, adjust the quantity of salt if you plan to add miso.)
And keep looking into this space of CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.