It’s a no cream recipe and here at CRB Tech Reviews I share a sun dried yummy chicken recipe.
The recipe will give you a quarter of the fat and calories when compared with typical creamy sauce recipes. Pan fried garlic and sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms and melted parmesan cheese through this sauce makes an incredible dinner.
You must be wondering how to make a creamy sauce with no cream?
First, get your chicken breasts or thighs coated in a mixture of maida and parmesan cheese. You could use all purpose flour or plain flour, or any gluten free type. Like Tapioca Flour which is made from cassava root and good for gluten free cooking and baking.
For More>> Chicken Roast Dry
Once your chicken is coated with the maida/ parmesan mixture, fry them in a pan or a skillet until golden brown on both sides and cooked thoroughly. Then, later add the sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms, sauté them unless mushrooms are soft and your pan is filled with sun dried tomato flavours.
See how creamy this sauce is. But how without cream! Using normal, simple milk. That’s the biggest secret whereas no secret at all. Milk mixed with cornstarch while it’s simmer =gives a beautiful, thick and creamy sauce without the fat and calories of thick or heavy based creams. A yummy or weeknight OR weekend meal that provides a great cheat meal without any realcheating.
Here goes the recipe…..
A creamy sun dried parmesan chicken, tomato flavoured with mushrooms that is gluten free and cooked with no heavy cream or any cream at all!
For The Chicken:
- 2 big boneless chicken breasts, horizontally halved to make 4 fillets
- 2 tsps Tapioca flour (choice: maida or plain flour)
- 2 tsps well grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tspn salt
For The Sauce:
- 2 tsps previously kept sun dried tomato oil (or any cooking oil)
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 200g jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, well drained (keep 2 tsps of oil for cooking)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (250 g or little more)
- 1½ cups milk (lowered fat, skim or full fat milk)
- 1 tsp cornstarch (corn flour) mixed with 2 tsps of water
- ⅓ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese (no dairy free option)
- 2 tsps fresh shredded basil as serving purpose.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour and parmesan cheese. Mix the chicken with salt and pepper; dip in the maida mix; remove the excess and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of the reserved oil in a big pan over medium heat until hot. Fry the chicken one by one unless golden on each side, cook thoroughly and no longer pink. Put onto a warm plate.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to the pan; sauté the garlic (for 1 minute). Add sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms; fry until the mushrooms are just soft.
- Lower the heat, add milk and boil, stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper for taste.
- Add milk/cornstarch mix to the centre of the pan, and simmer while quickly stir the mixture until the sauce thickens.
- Add in parmesan cheese; let the sauce simmer for a further minute until cheese melts. Add chicken back to the pan; sprinkle fresh basil and a little extra pepper and serve with pasta, rice or steamed veg.
You can use almond, rice, oat, or coconut milk instead of cow milk. And if you want to use cream instead of milk, skip cornstarch mixture. That won’t be required.
And stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.