With this recipe, chicken dish is back to the recipe junction of CRB Tech Reviews after a long time. An easy, sticky, crunchy, saucy chicken poppers that are coated and baked and not oil fried.
The honey BBQ sauce is but more than these 3 ingredients: you’re favourite BBQ sauce, honey, and a little ketchup. It’s warmed together on the stove, and then poured over the baked chicken. Give it a toss, a taste test, and that’s your favourite snack. This also works as an easy dinner option served with sweet potato fries. It’s simply fantastic.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose maida
- 5 cups of corn flakes cereal
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 big eggs
- ¼ cup milk
Easy Honey BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup favourite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Methods to follow:
- Start with preheating the oven to 204°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Put the bite-sized pieces of chicken in a big bowl. Add maida and coat each piece. Keep aside.
- Place salt, corn flakes, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika into a large bowl. Keep aside. Mix the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, and then generously roll in the cornflake mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20minutes, flipping the sides.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a tarka pan over medium heat for 8 minutes, with occasional whisking.
- Place the chicken pieces into a large bowl. Put the warm honey BBQ sauce on top and gently coat them. Serve warm.
For More>> Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Chicken
Prepare the popcorn chicken through step 4. Keep it in a refrigerator for 1 day before following with step 5. You could also freeze the baked popcorn chicken before tossing in the honey BBQ sauce. Bake the frozen popcorn chicken in an oven at 177°C ; for 15-20 minutes or unless warm enough.
You can also leave the popcorn chicken simple. Only you need to add a little more seasoning (pepper, salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder) to the cornflake mixture and skip the part of honey BBQ sauce.
And let us know how you liked this recipe.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.