Today at CRB Tech Reviews we share tender pot roast recipe with balsamic vinegar, browned onions and potatoes and which is amazingly flavourful and an ultimate easiest option for a weeknight winter dinner.
So here we’re talking about the best-ever, cosiest-ever pot roast now. I don’t know about others, but when I need an easy, dish or recipe option, I almost definitely turn to pot roast.
Though we have tried lots of different rather various pot roast recipes over the course of the many winters I’ve loved and endured this one is as my fav. It’s very easy though not a super-gourmet; but only your homely, basic, easy pot roast that we all love to relish.
This pot roast is one of the most grandly flavoured ones I’ve ever had. You can substitute balsamic vinegar with wine and this pot roast will come out more awesome. The mix of cozy flavours is a big wow and with onion all caramelized into perfection.
Add a little bit of flour into the juices to make everything thick and creamy, and then add those browned onions right into all the comfortable food glory.
Here is the recipe for an easy weeknight winter dinner.
Serves: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 10 mins
- 1 or 2 pounds of beef chuck roasted
- 1 pound russet potatoes (quartered)
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-in cubes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 6 cloves garlic
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large onion,sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
Instructions for the recipe:
- Place the chuck roast, potatoes, and carrots in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix together vinegar, broth, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over beef roast and arrange thyme, garlic cloves, and rosemary on top.
- Cook the pot roast on low 7-8 hours until beef is fall-apart tender and vegetables become tender. Take out 1 cup of liquid and mix flour into liquid. Return all to the pot and keep warm.
- In another skillet over low heat, caramelize the onions in vegetable oil, until they are deep golden brown. Spoon over the pot roast and serve pot roast warm.
Let us know how you relished this easy recipe.
And keep looking into this space by CRB Tech Solutions for more recipes to come.