You get one chance every week to load up on calories, so don’t be shy. Once a week, your way to bulking up should lead you to all kinds of tasty items you don’t even glance at the rest of the week. This blog topic by CRB Tech Reviews tells how to cheat the meal.
If you use a weekly cheat meal to give you a big boost during a bulking phase, you need to do it right. This is no time for adding a calorie here and there.
To mention there is a difference between a cheat meal and refeed. A refeed is a short-term, planned period of overfeeding, usually consuming specific macronutrients in larger quantities. People often do refeeding during a fat-loss phase.
A cheat meal is that one meal where planning has no place.Eat something you love that includes things which are way outside your normal diet. The goal is to push calories well beyond maintenance needs to supports hard training, recovery and in time, muscle growth.
But there’s a right way and a wrong way to cheat, and it really has nothing to do with cheating. You’re just giving your body a big dose of what it needs to get big.
1. You Cheat Too Clean
A lot of bodybuilders confine their diets to just chicken, brown rice, and broccoli. For them, a cheat meal means eat more chicken, brown rice, and broccoli.”
You need to think more. This is your time to go for those foods you don’t dare even think about the rest of the week. A burger with fries! A sundae with banana and whipped cream! Mac and cheese and a roll! Three rolls! And a slice of cake! Anything but extra chicken and broccoli.
This one memorable meal grants you a brief, well-deserved psychological reprieve from your normal calorie counting. It also provides you with something your body badly needs: an extra dose of calories. So don’t be shy. Go for it on this cheat meal of all meals.
2. Your Weekend Plans Set You Back
When many people think of cheat meals, they immediately think of the weekend.
Here’s how it works (or, actually, doesn’t work): It’s the weekend, right? So you decide to sleep in, which throws your meal timing off. You have a late breakfast, a late lunch, and by the time you get to the pizza place, your usual six squares per day is down to three.
If you plan your cheat meal for a Saturday night, ensure you get your usual three or four meals beforehand. Make sure to hit the gym for a harder training session, and then end the day with your usual night-time meal.
Quick Cheating’ Tips
- Cheat on a training day: Put the extra calories by having your cheat meal on a training day, mainly a demanding one such as leg day.
- When in doubt, dine out: Restaurants are known to make dishes with butter, oil, and sugar to everything on the menu, even vegetables. If you’re looking for extra calories, look for a dine out.
- Peanut butter is mandatory: Peanut butter is a natural for cheat day. Add it to whole-grain bread, fruits, and veggies to increase the calories.
- Make it a meal, not a day: The idea is “cheat meal,” not “cheat meals.” Take it once a week and get back to your routine for the rest of the week.
Keep looking into this space by CRB Tech Solutions for more on wellness and fitness.