How Your Morning Coffee Is Making You Fat?

 

More than 100 million people, close to a third of the world’s population, drink coffee every day. That number increases to 150 million Americans, or half the world population, drinking tea (green, black, white, and oolong tea) daily. That says a lot of people has a hot, sweet, delicious, stimulating beverage every day. So how bad it is for health? To know more, keep reading CRB Tech Reviews.

A recent study examined data collected from 2000 to 2012 by the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The data provided information on the coffee-drinking habits of more than 13,000 adults and the tea-drinking habits of more than 6,200 adults. The study that only 35% of coffee drinkers take their coffee black. This means the other 65% are adding sugar, cream, syrups, stevia, powdered creamer, milk, or other forms of delicious stuff. By the end, all those calories really tend to add up.

coffee

For instance, a single fluid ounce of your classic Torani flavoured syrup has 100 calories and 25 g of sugar. Considering that your average large flavoured coffee contains anywhere from 0.5 to two fluid ounces of syrup, that’s a lot of additional calories and sugar in your coffee.

Or take International Delight’s French Vanilla creamer, one of the most popular flavoured non-dairy creamers served in restaurants around the country. A single packet has 30 calories, 2 grams of fat, and five grams of sugar. Add 2 or 3 of those packets into the coffee, and you’re taking at a lot of extra calories and sugar.

For people who have just one cup of coffee per day, perhaps the extra calories don’t add up. But the same is not about the 24% of coffee drinkers who have more than 12 cups of coffee per week. That’s at least two per day, so twice the calories. The average coffee drinker ends up taking in more than three cups per day. With 60% of people claiming they need a cup of coffee to start the day, you know there are a lot of people getting way more calories than are healthy. According to the study, above 60% of the extra calories in coffee come from sugar, not from milk or cream.

coffee2

Tea drinkers suffer the same problem. The addition of sugar, cream, milk, and sweeteners increases the calorie count of their tea.

Compared with adding nothing to one’s tea, drinking tea with caloric extra, increased daily caloric intake by more than 43 calories, with nearly 85 percent of those added calories coming from sugar. 

Take this as a warning to you next time you end up at Starbucks or head to the coffee machine. Think about the extra calories you’re consuming and what they’ll do to your arteries, your entire health and your waistline. You might ease up on the sugar or milk, or cut back on the coffee.

We conclude now.

Keep connected with CRB Tech Solutions to know more on wellness and fitness.

CRB Tech WordPress

 

Advertisements

One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s