Today we shall discuss some interesting facts about lungs.To know more keep reading CRB Tech Reviews
- Know more about the amazing organs that help us to breathe in the oxygen we need to live as well as breathe out the wastes, carbon dioxide.
- The main function of lungs is to transport oxygen from air you breathe into your bloodstream while taking out carbon dioxide, which is released into the air when you exhale.
- Most vertebrate animals have two lungs.
- Your left and right lungs are not exactly the same. The lung on the left side of your body has two lobes while the lung on your right side has three. The left lung is slightly smaller, permitting room for your heart.
- Can you live with one lung? Yes you could, but it will limit your physical ability but won’t stop you from living a comparatively normal life. Many people in the world live with only one lung.
- People who have a huge lung capacity can send oxygen to their body faster. You could increase you lung capacity with regular exercises.
- During resting, an average adult breathes around 12 to 20 times a minute.
- An average person breathes about 11,000 litres of air every day.
- The study of lung is called pulmonology.
- Smoking is bad for your lungs. Smoking can cause cancer among other lung diseases.
- Asthma is a disease that affects the lungs. Asthma attacks occur when your airways get narrow after being irritated. The narrow air passage makes it hard to breathe air.
- Pneumonia is a dangerous disease that makes harder for your lungs to absorb oxygen from the air you breathe.
- Other lung diseases are emphysema, tuberculosis and bronchitis.
- At the time of birth, a baby’s lungs are not inflated and are filled with a fluid that is secreted by the lungs. When the baby moves out of the birth canal, a sudden change in atmosphere, stimulates the first breath which usually takes place 10 seconds after the baby is delivered from the birth canal.
- Human lungs have special cells that are responsible for the production of mucous. This mucous is pushed up and out of the lungs by special tiny hair. This mucous is the first line of defence against dangerous microbes that enter our body while breathing.
Stay connected with CRB Tech Solutions to know more about health and wellness.